Senior Project Manager-Scottsdale, Arizona
The Senior Project Manager owns the process inception to completion, including participation in budget determination, creation of project schedule, managing resources, managing outside vendors and ensuring adherence to the approval process. A strong understanding of traditional, digital and broadcast is a must. He or she will provide industry-specific insights and subject-matter expertise, recommendations and guidance across the agency and to the client when appropriate.
- Be the communications hub between all agency team members and agency partners that may touch an assigned account/project.
- Organize, manage, prioritize and be accountable for workflow from internal teams through delivery of materials to client, vendor, etc.
- Work with agency teams to create and manage estimates and budgets.
- Coordinate, negotiate and manage all outside service/vendor relationships, including freelancers and production partners.
- Develop and maintain all project schedules for traditional, digital, photography and video production projects.
- Lead all internal agency status meetings and coordinate and maintain the current status of projects in a daily report distributed to the agency.
- Have an understanding of how employee resources are being utilized and adjust schedules when needed.
- Ensure that issues and risks are anticipated, identified and properly escalated and resolved. Seek final resolution on all issues, so projects do not stall or fall out of scope.
- Identify and report out-of-scope activities, including post-completion project analysis.
- Enforce processes and systems (job routing, project change orders, deadlines, etc.).
- Motivate and guide the team as needed to encourage positive energy and generate high-quality work.
- Other responsibilities as requested.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 5+ years of project management experience in an agency environment.
- Strong knowledge of project management processes and tools. PMP certification is a plus, but not required.
- Experience working in an agency compliant project management software is strongly recommended (Advantage, workamajig, JIRA or similar).
- Strong sense of design and experience with industry leading creative output.
- Experience assembling and managing budgets and schedules with multiple dependencies.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills as well a strong work ethic.
- Must possess high energy and a solid confidence level without taking self to seriously.
- Please place the word BIG YAM in the title of your resume for further consideration.
- Experience (and thrive) working in a high-volume, deadline-driven environment.
Job Status: Full Time