Digital Media Intern-Scottsdale, Arizona
BIG YAM is seeking a Digital Media Intern to help ensure that key digital marketing solutions are delivered to our clients, in alignment with their marketing objectives. In this support role, the intern must be up-to-speed on digital media trends, detail oriented, incredibly organized, data driven, customer-service focused and have a great team approach. Our objective during the internship period will be to provide exposure to (and hands-on opportunities within) tools, platforms, and digital marketing campaigns, as well as mentoring from various members of two key departments – Digital Media and Communications – in a way that attempts to leverage the interests, skillsets and capacity of the intern.
- Assist with overall project coordination related to paid and organic social media campaigns
- Work closely with the Digital Media and Social Media teams in the preparation of campaign plans and schedules, various project coordination duties, as well as steps related to campaign launches and maintenance
- Participate in the preparation and trafficking of digital media creative assets between agency, clients, and platforms
- Participate in the coordination of campaign monitoring and reporting activities related to organic and paid social media marketing
- Assist with the management of organic social media platforms for the agency and its clients, including researching relevant industry news, drafting social media copy and daily community management
- Various duties as assigned
Experience and Education Required:
- College Junior or Senior working towards a bachelor’s degree, or a recent graduate with an accredited advertising, marketing or communications degree. Previous agency internship experience preferred.
- Familiarity with digital media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Doubleclick Campaign Manager, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Google Analytics. Familiarity with Google Tag Manager and Google Ads a plus.
- Detail oriented, and data minded with exceptional organizational skills
- Specific hands-on experience with digital media monitoring
- Willingness and ability to learn, especially when it comes to new digital technologies and media tactics
- Avid media consumer with a keen interest in the effect of the Internet and digital technology on media consumption
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work well under pressure
- Active listener with professional demeanor in written and oral communication
- Team player with a positive attitude and a passion for contributing to the output of the team
- Self-starter who’s able to work both independently and within a team environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of social media platforms
Job Status: Internship